The BEST noodle recipe EVER!!!!
Okay, I'm not a "green" person. Unlike some raw foodists, I don't just love vegetables. I have to mix them up and make them amazing, or I won't eat them.
When I hear raw foodists say, "I eat my vegetables plain," I think "I could never do that!"
So here is a fun recipe! If you love and miss spaghetti, and if you don't just love "zucchini spaghetti," here is a recipe you will LOVE!!! (I promise!!!)
I call this "spaghetti with a savory cashew cream sauce." It is fantastic!
I. Kelp Noodles
1. Open and rinse kelp noodles
2. Soak while you are making the cream sauce
3. I use scissors and cut the kale so the noodles won't be too long.
II. Assorted Raw Veggies
1. Cut up assorted raw vegetables.
2. Use whatever you like. I always have onions, peppers (all colors), and lots of mushrooms... but you can use any or all of that.
3. Pour water off of the noodles and put the chopped veggies in the bowl with the noodles
III. Cashew cream sauce
1. Blend together 1 cup of cashews and about 3/4 cup water (more or less is okay too!)
2. Add: 1/2 tsp onion powder
3. 1/2 tsp garlic powder
4. 1/2 - 1 tsp salt (to taste)
5. 1 tsp basil
6. 1 tsp dill weed
7. sprinkle of cayenne pepper
Blend until creamy and pour on top of the noodle / vegetable mixture
Wait for about 10 - 15 minutes. The noodles will soak up the cashew cream sauce and will become al dente (like spaghetti).